Ather 450 customers are now limited to a maximum of 80% billed on the Ather Grid.that’s why

Ather Energy has issued a new notice to its customers saying they can now only charge their e-scooters up to 80% on the Ather Grid public charging network. Previously, users could fully charge their vehicle up to 100% via a fast charger, but that will no longer be the case. This is done for fair use of everyone on Ather Grid, and for security reasons.

go through:
Sameer Fayaz Contractor

Updated on:
March 14, 2023 at 13:04 pm

Ather customers can now charge their e-scooters up to 80% using public fast chargers

As the number of Ather users across the country increases, every owner needs to be given a fair chance to use the Ather Grid. The company’s goal is to limit the charging cap to 80% with fast chargers. Note that Ather public chargers can only provide 80% fast charging anyway. The remaining 20% ​​is charged slowly, keeping in mind the battery health.

Also read: Ather Energy installs 1,000+ fast chargers across India

Another major reason for forcing cutout at 80% is to protect the connectors. For safety reasons, the Ather will have to stop charging when disconnected from the solenoid. The solenoid ensures that current flows seamlessly to the battery. Therefore, if someone tries to remove the connector while the vehicle is charging, it could damage the connector. In the worst case, the connector is soldered to the charger.

When the key is removed, the solenoid locks the charger connector to the vehicle connector. You cannot remove the charger connector from the vehicle while the scooter is charging. This results in reduced availability of the charging network even when the scooter is 80% charged. The customer requested a safe way to remove the charger connector from the solenoid and allow other users to continue charging.

Now the latest update makes this possible, and once charging stops at 80%, another user can safely remove the connector and connect it to another e-scooter without a key. Fast chargers can provide up to 15km of range in a 10-minute charge, and the latest update will make it easier to use the Ather Grid for multiple users. Ather’s public charging network will be free to users until March 31, 2023. The company has more than 1,000 public charging piles across the country and aims to install more than 2,500 charging stations by the end of this year.

First published date: March 14, 2023 at 13:04pm CST

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *